As Covid continues to affect our lives, with yet another new variant appearing recently and quickly popping up around the world, the board of Bibliothèque Allard Regional Library is acutely aware of obligations to our staff and our patrons. We strongly considered a policy requiring proof of full-vaccination to enter the building but instead, counting on cooperation from you, will be implementing the following measures immediately.
- All staff and volunteers will be fully-vaccinated.
- A maximum of five (5) patrons will be allowed in the library at any one time.
- Use of hand sanitizer will be required, and our staff will be asked to monitor this.
- Masks will be mandatory, and we continue to ask anyone who is sick to choose click-and-collect and not enter the library.
- School groups will be allowed only when we receive confirmation that there are no active cases in the school population (students, teachers, school staff). Maximum of 5 will be waived, provided the students are in their usual school cohort.
- For the comfort and safety of those who may be especially vulnerable, one day and evening per week (Thursday) will be designated for access only by fully-vaccinated individuals. Proof of vaccination will be required and will be checked by staff.
We, the members of the board, sincerely hope that the need for these measures will soon pass. In the meantime, we thank you for respecting the actions we are taking to minimize our patrons’ and our staff’s risk.