Opening regulations at both branches
Library Allard Update
Bibliothèque Allard Regional Library is open with reduced hours of service. The library’s reduced hours are as stated below:
Tuesdays 10:30 am to 5 pm
Wednesdays Noon to 6 pm
Thursdays Noon to 6 pm
Fridays Noon to 5 pm
Saturdays 10 am to 2 pm
While we are all thrilled to be able to offer this service to you once again, there will still be limitations to using the library. Please see below the boundaries to access at the library.
- If you are sick please do not enter the library
- If you have been out of province in the past 14 days please do not enter the library
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a face covering but not required.
- Children may enter the library but must be supervised by a caregiver at all times
- Please leave your returning items in the drop box, we are still quarantining material for 24 hours as is recommended for paper products
- Please use the accessibility button when entering the library to reduce touch
- Near the circulation desk you will be required to use the hand sanitation station before entering the library
- You are required to adhere to health guidelines staying 6 ft. (2m) apart
- There is a limit of 10 people in the library at one time
- Loan times are back to normal as well as fines
- Please put desired items for checkout under the protective shield at the circulation desk with the barcode facing up to reduce touch between patrons and staff
- Certain areas will be restricted of use: the multipurpose room, the public computer stations, the play area in the children’s corner and furnishings will be marked off without access.
If any patron still wishes to be able to use the curbside delivery service presently in operation please feel free to make these requests. We want to ensure everyone’s health first and foremost in providing this service.
Victoria Beach Branch Library Update
Victoria Beach Branch staff will be back in the building effective June 24th. Click and Collect or Curbside Service will be available initially. What does that entail? You can either call the library during regular operating hours to place your book requests, send an email to email@example.com with your book requests or go to www.allardlibrary.com and click on My Account in the top left corner to place a hold on books you are interested in. If you need your user name and password, please contact the staff at 204-756-2043. You’ll be able to see all of the books in the collection effective June 24th. Requests can be made on Wednesdays between 10 am and 2 pm and on Fridays from 10 am to 11 am. Pickup will be on Fridays from Noon to 2 pm only by the front door of East Beaches Social Scene.
There will not be drop ins, accessing books will be via appointment only. Interlibrary loans are not available at this time.
Returns are to continue being dropped off in the drop box outside the building.
July 1st lands on a Wednesday this year, so staff will not be working that day however you are still able to leave a message, an email and/or a hold via the catalogue. You may contact the library on Friday, July 3rd from 10 am to 11 am for book orders. Pickup will continue on Friday from Noon to 2 pm.